Pages

Friday, June 05, 2009

Its Officially Winter But IT Was Fiery Here This Morning

Oh my goodness it was COLD this morning. A brisk 4 degrees celcius (about 39F) when I got up this morning. Thankfully it has warmed up a bit, its meant to be around 17C (62F) in town, but its still cold.

I had a bad morning with Brodie. He was being horrid to Angus as per usual. Opening the bedroom window so that poor Angus would freeze when he got out of bed. Playing the harmonica so that he would make sure Angus woke up (and possibly Mark too, thankfully he slept through it).

When I politely asked Brodie to leave the room he yelled at me saying that he had been out of the room for an hour and a half already (it was 7:30 am at the time) and said that he was entitled to be in there. Well yes he is entitled to be in there but so is his little brother and he shouldn't be made to feel bad to being in there. B eventually came out.

Of course Angus had left things to the last minute again and we barely made it out of the door by 8:10 to make it in time for Brodie's bus stop. Angus was eating his toast in the car to save time. Gosh I just had flashbacks from when both boys were in primary school and doing the exact same thing.

During out ride to the bus stop Brodie was load and obnoxious as per usual. He kept back answering anything Angus or I had said. I had been talking about how we were going to go to Adelaide to visit Poppa (my Dad) in a few weeks and that I will be writing a letter to their father to let him know if he wants to see them when we would be there.

Brodie got it into his head that I meant he would be going to stay at his fathers home, which is a further 4 hours drive from my Dad's. I hadn't said that he would but he got extremely aggressive and began swearing even more and stated that he would not be staying at his f@#$ing fathers house because he doesn't have any %^&@#@ good stuff here.

I then asked a simple question: Why do you always have to have the last word. To which of course Brodie yells at me and tells me to shut the F!@$ up jumps out of the car at the bus stop, slams the door and gives me the bird!

Oh yes what a delightful start to a Friday morning! It makes me wish that it was the beginning of next week as I am now dreading Brodie's behaviour over the weekend. Mark suggested I don't talk to Brodie. Like I can't talk to my own son. Although I am at the moment extremely tempted to let him find his own way back from the bus stop, which is 7.5 km (about 4.6 miles) from home!

No comments: