Pages

Friday, January 30, 2009

Heatwave

Stinking heat wave. I am so over it already. I can't wait until autumn or even better winter!! It's Victoria's worst heatwave since records began back in the 1850's

To top things off I found out that Dad is in hospital. He has bleeding from the bowels and they were concerned enough to keep him in. He went in yesterday morning and I only found out today. My sister Vicki had been phoning Mark's mobile and it was flat so we never got any messages. She didn't have my home number or my mobile number and only got it when she went to Dad's place to check on the dog.
Thankfully she has the numbers now and can contact us is anything happens again.

Brodie was beside himself and demanded that I drive us all to Adelaide to visit him. I tried explaining to him that by the time we get there he would probably be home. It is after all an 11 hour drive. I got Brodie to do the next best thing that I could think of .. and that was to phone the temple and have Dad's name put on the prayer roll. I know Brodie felt much better after doing that.

I'll try phoning the hospital again later. Each time I have phones so far I haven't been able to talk with Dad. Apparently the ward that he is on only has one cordless phone and that was in use and I have called twice already. Maybe it will be third time lucky!!

No comments: