Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

There's No Women Here

We went out for lunch today with Mark's Dad, Step mum & brother at one of the local hotels in the bistro. It was really nice to see Mark's Dad & Step mum. We hadn't seen them for ages, well since they moved to Perth for work earlier this year.

During lunch Brodie of course got quite excited and started using some rather colourful language which we kept pulling him up on and explained that he shouldn't talk that way with women present. Of course he had such trouble stopping himself. He talks so disrespectfully in front of us regardless of where he is.

Anyway at the end of lunch we were outside getting ready to get into our cars and saying goodbye, Mark's step mum went for a walk to the chemist to pick up a prescription. So we were standing outside talking. Once again Brodie started using the same colourful language as he had while in the bistro. He was told not to talk that way in front of women to which he replied in front of me and the rest of the 'boys' that there are no women here.
I didn't know what to think when he said that. Other than what am I? When it was pointed out to him that I am female he just said that Oh you're only my Mum.

I don't know if it's a kid thing, a teen thing or an Aspie thing with him thinking like that but it sure makes me think and perhaps understand a little bit more why he is so disrespectful to me all the time. It certainly doesn't make me feel any better but maybe, just maybe I understand a little bit more.

No comments: