Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas

Just a tad late with the Christmas wishes but its better late than never!!
~*~ Merry Christmas ~*~

We had a quiet day yesterday because we had a big Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve. It made yesterday a much more relaxing day. We had brunch at around 11:30 am and the kids snacked just about all day.

Brodie watched the complete 4th series of Doctor Who. Which wasn't so bad since we don't mind the show either. He did complain though when I asked him to let someone else have the tv. You'd think he would let them since he basically had control of it ALL day long.

Angus was thrilled with is tool set. He was proud as punch of it really and can't wait to start using the 'real' tools he was given. At least it's something he can use properly and add too since it's not a kids set of tools.

I was hoping that the boys father would phone them up before he got too much drinking him but he never phoned. I don't know why I thought he would. His nephew Chris and I spoke on MSN and he was telling me that Uncle Vic was already well on the way to being drunk if he wasn't already. I swear that man should be drawn and quartered. After we made the effort last year to contact him so that he could get to know his kids better. I don't know why I bother sometimes! Once a drunk always a drunk! He used to hate it when I said that but it is so true.

I know the boys are disapppointed as they had expected him here for Christmas. Especially after he promised them that he would be coming. I even offered to pay for his trip back if he paid his way overe here. He was all for it ... I'll kick myself I should really know better. Anything that stops him from his beer and wine is a bad thing...
Oh enough of him. I remember all too well why I made him move out of our home. I'm glad that I moved on is all I can say.

Before I forget. I got an overlocker for Christmas. It's not exactly what I wanted, Mark has always wanted me to get one, but after watching a dvd on this particular model last week. I was sold on it. There is so much more you can do with it than a regular sewing machine. Well maybe not more but it looked a lot easier anyway. I just had to learn how to use it now. Maybe after Mark learns to use it I can learn from him lol ... or just wait until next year and go to Gippstitch where we bought it from and get some lessons from there. I just hope that I can learn to use it properly and make the best use of it that I can.

No comments: