Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Here it is week three of term 4 already. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. Golly gosh we have had some more ups and downs this past fortnight. I keep wondering when the roller coaster ride will stop but I am not sure that it ever will!

So far so good for Brodie at school this term. I've not had any phone calls from the high school so that is a very good thing. I swear though he holds it together at school and keeps the naughtiness for when he gets home. He's been swearing like a trooper over the past few weeks and its just been horrible. Brodie still blames everyone else for his behaviour and wont take ownership of the problem.
Dang and here I was thinking how good things were with no phone calls from the school. I just got an email in regards to Brodie's behaviour on the bus. Looks like I can't win lol. Now I need to deal with the comments he made on the bus .. the little rat bag!! He needs his butt kicked!!

Now where was I ... I went to see Latrobe Community Health Services yesterday. After all the phone calls I had made recently to Commonwealth Carers, Anglicare, Human Services, etc I had finally been able to talk to someone in regards to getting some respite. I keep saying how our family is broken and it needs fixing. We certainly need a break from one another. Any way. I went to a meeting yesterday morning. It looks like I might be entitled to a little of help. I was told the proper terminology for it but basically its comes in small pieces I guess you could say. My case manager will be organising with the shire to send someone around to assess our situation in the hopes of getting some respite through them and possibly getting a cleaner to come around and help. I don't truly expect to get the cleaner but I welcome the idea of having someone look after Brodie for a bit while Angus and I can go out or something along those lines.

I was given some fuel vouchers so that I can go along to applique which is really good because I have missed going to that since the night it is held had been changed from a Tuesday to a Wednesday. Also, I was given some cinema tickets so I can go out without the boys if I want to. To be honest I was thinking that it might be nice to take Angus to the cinema because Brodie gets all sorts of things given to him, he goes on sleep overs etc and Angus doesn't. He deserves to have a treat now and then. Brodie was NOT impressed when I mentioned the possibility of taking Angus out and not him. He tends to forget all that is sone for him and how blessed he is with what he receives from others.

This morning I received a phone call from our Travelling Teacher from Mansfield. She will be coming for a visit next week spending some time at the High School with Brodie and then coming with us to Young Men's and Young Achievers. She will also visit the school on Wednesday morning before I go up to the school to collect Brodie so I can take him to his dentist appointment.

Even thought we have been having an awful time at home there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The fact that we are now beginning to receive some assistance is wonderful. I just hope that things at home will improve and then life would feel so much better.

No comments: