Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Clinical Trial - Assessment Appointment


I was meant to be starting cyclosporin a few weeks ago. The day after I saw my derm I received a phone call in regards to a new clinical trial that was about to start. I would be guaranteed either humira or bimekizumab. I thought why not try it. What have I got to lose?

Yesterday was the screening appointment. It took longer than expected and it made for a very long day travelling in to the city from the country. I have a new pasi score of 16.3 (down from 21). I had an ECG, chest x-ray and blood tests done. I also gave a detailed medical history. I really thought that they may have wanted to know when I had my last poop

All I need to do is wait for the results of the tests, provide a mental health evaluation (due to having depression and there were some concerns) and I should find out in a couple of weeks whether I made it into the trial.

I stopped taking methotrexate earlier this month and next Monday I will need to stop using any medicated lotions and potions as there needs to be a 2-4 week wash out. My skin is flaring, red, angry and sore right now so I am really hoping that I make it in to this trial. If not then I start the cyclosporin and resume seeing my dermatologist as previously planned.

No comments: