Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

NO - NOT My Poor Car!

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. We heard from the mechanic yesterday. I don't remember half of the things that I was told in order to fix it but it's going to cost a pretty penny to get my car back. *looks around the house to see what I can sell*

The mechanic had even looked around to get a second hand motor but he was unsuccessful. I am praying and hoping that the warranty people honour the extended warranty we have on our car (that one the used car dealer gave us) and that it will cover approximately half of the cost. The mechanic said they will do their best to get as much out of them as possible. Otherwise we will need to find the money ourselves.

I have only had my car for 7½ months so this was the last thing I expected *sigh* It looks like it's lots of mince meat meals for a while. It's a good thing I have lots of recipes stashed away for mince.

So I have now placed myself on a no frivolous purchase BAN. That means NO yarn or stationery products for a while. Unless they are super, super cheap (as in a $5 or less) bargains and then I will need to think twice about it.

Wish us luck!

No comments: