Pages

Friday, August 25, 2017

My Car Died But ..

I have some sad news about my station wagon, which backfired badly on the weekend and kept stalling. I needed to call the RACV out to try and get us going. He couldn't so my car needed to be towed. The mechanic couldn't work out what was wrong with it and basically said that it would be a money pit to fix. Of course I was devastated. I loved that car. It was roomy, had some grunt when needed and well, it was mine. She will now be going to the wreckers 😪 Also the mechanic waived the fee for the work they had done on my car.

That being said. Mark and I, after some prayers and checking out our financial situation, have managed to scrape together enough for me to get a second hand car. We checked out Car MegaMart's website and I spotted a car, a 2005 Holden Vectra, that I liked within our price range. Of course, Mark had to convince me to go and check it out. I was in mourning for my Gemma (the station wagon) and I didn't feel like going anywhere. 



Mark rang the dealership and explained our situation and how we wont have all of the money for a few weeks and that provided we were able to have a test drive we were interested in the car. The guy said not a problem, come down when you are ready. I was still a little reluctant to go but in the end I thought we may as well. I am so glad I did. The car was a dream to drive. She had some grunt for a smaller car and is so smooth to drive. 



So guess what! I have a NEW car. The dealer was very happy to take a deposit and wait a few weeks for the balance. He has even offered to deliver it to us. He also knocked some money off the price so I can put it towards registration. I believe we were truly being smiled upon.



There are so many new 'toys' in her to work out but that wont be a problem. That is what Mark and the boys are for 😂
I just realised .. it's almost the same colour blue as the TARDIS! Woohoo! 





No comments: