Pages

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Brodie's Post Op Follow Up

It's been three months since Brodie had his brain surgery. Today we head into the city to the Austin Hospital to start a three day series of visits as part of his post-op follow up.

Today there's an MRI scan to be done. For the life of me I cannot work out why he has to have it done on a Sunday but that's when he was booked in.

Tomorrow there is a visit with the Neurosurgeon and then the Neurologist. On Tuesday Brodie has a visual perception test done to see if his vision has been affected by the surgery. After that we see the Neuropsychologist.

So far Brodie is still seizure free, which is amazing considering they did tinker with his brain. It's been just over four months since his last seizure and three months since his surgery. Brodie's pretty chuffed about this because it means, provided his vision test is fine, that he will be able to get his learners permit back from Vic Roads. I too am very happy with how things are going in regards to his epilepsy. I am not too sure about him getting his learners permit back though. I don't know if I am ready for him to be back behind the drivers wheel (o_O)

2 comments:

Suzanne McClendon said...

I am glad that Brodie has been seizure-free since the surgery and hope that he remains seizure-free.

I understand your apprehension about the learner's permit. The thought of my kids driving scares me to death and they are relatively healthy. With epilepsy, I know that must make it even scarier, especially if seizures are unpredictable. I hope that everything will work out just fine for Brodie and for you, too. Have a blessed weekend. :)

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thank you for your kind words Suzanne.

We just gotten back from the hospital today after three days of tests and appointments. All of the neurology team(s) are very pleased with how Brodie is going. He has exceeded expectations in regards to how well he is recovering.

At this stage, it looks like Brodie is on track to getting his learners permit back. He is becoming so excited about it. I have a few months to prepare myself mentally to him learning to drive again.