Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

I Don't Particularly Like Injections

Well it's official. The hip pain I have been experiencing for several months is from trochanteric bursitis. I had an ultrasound yesterday and it was confirmed. Apparently it is becoming quite common in people who are overweight (I'm not going to sugar coat this because it is true even if I don't like admitting it). I did ask that could it also happen because I have osteo-arthritis in my right knee and I have been over compensating with my left leg. I was told that yes it was possible.



The radiologist said that the bursitis was a doozy. I guess I don't do anything by half. It's all in or it's nothing ☺ I usually jump in to the deep end when I start something. I rarely take it slow.

Anyway, I was given a steroid injection in my hip and told that I was not allowed to do anything for 24 hours. No big walks, no heavy lifting, just relax. Me, relax? I don't do relaxation very well. It's a good thing I can sit down and crochet! It's a good thing I have a crochet project I am working on. That's relaxing I guess, at least physically.

I still have a few hours to go before I can start doing more. I don't want to jeopardise anything and prevent the injection from working properly. The last thing I need is for any complications to set it.

Seriously though, all I could think of was I wont be able to get my 10,000 steps for the next couple of days and keep my daily average above 10,000. Oh well. There is such a thing as wool/yarn winding (~_o) that gets the step count up but shhhh don't tell anyone.

No comments: