Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

Diabetes Check Up

 
Yesterday afternoon I saw my GP. It was time to get the results from all the blood tests that I had done last week and to get my blood pressure checked. He said I only came in to show off because the results all came back "NORMAL".

He took my BP and said 'wow' .. 124/72 (also one of my best readings ever - last time it was 126/70) HbA1c is 5.9 mmol/L (39) which is my BEST ever
Fasting glucose was 5.3 mmol/L (down from 6.3 mmol/L)
Cholesterol is also down and the combined total was 3. He said he wished his level were as good.
Liver, kidney and thyroid functions were normal Vitamin D, blood count, platelets normal

I am sure he mentioned a few other things but I can't remember them. All I know is that all that hard work of calorie counting, exercise and the extra walking has certainly paid off. Not only are things visible on the outside with the inches that I have lost around my waist and the drop in clothing sizes but my insides are doing so much better as well.

I am feeling pretty darned good right now. I even treated myself to a new hairstyle too. I know I deserved this reward. Time to do a happy dance!


A rare photo of me and my new hairdo.

No comments: