Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Thankful Thursday



Here's what I am thankful for this week:
  • cool changes that drop the temperature from 39°C (102°F) to 19°C (66.2°F) in 30 minutes or so. That relief felt wonderful.
  • rain - the fire fighters needed it. There were quite a few fires during our 4 day heatwave. Sadly some were deliberately lit.
  • getting my car back. It broke down 10 days ago in a town 40 km (25 miles) away. Our Bishop from Church even came to our assistance when it broke down to try and help. Sadly he wasn't able to. It had to be towed to a mechanics in that town. It turns out that the distributor needed to be replaced. Definitely not the best time of year for that to have occurred.
  • Lise, my Relief Society President, she is helping me get ready to go to Temple. I am nervous but excited at the same time. I just need to get my Temple recommend.
  • our Ward and the wonderful people who prepared a surprise for us. We were given a hamper filled with scrumptious food to help us out. Our Bishops wife and two of their daughters dropped it off on Monday. I don't know who organised it but THANK YOU so much. Your work has been appreciated. Feeling the love here at this special time of year.
  • having a friend of Mark's around for dinner. It's always nice to catch up with Ron.

What are you thankful for this week?


No comments: