Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Health Update


As most of you know I have a Fitbit​. You would've have seen my many posts showing my step counts etc over the past few months.

But you haven't know that for the past few weeks I have been really watching what I eat by counting calories v's my energy output by using the fitbit app to record what I eat. I have also minimised my snacking of foods like chips or biscuits but I make sure I don't over do them when I finally eat them. I am happy to say that I have lost 3.5 kilos (7.7 lb) and 2 cm (3/4 or an inch) from my waist.

So you know what that means. I'll need to go shopping for new clothes soon and what girl doesn't like to go shopping for fun?!?!

I also saw my GP on Monday and he is really pleased with my progress. He said he could actually see that I had lost weight and he was also pleased that my blood pressure was pretty good. My new GP is very understanding, encouraging and explains things very well. Even though I was sad to see Dr. F retire my new GP (Dr. MF) is amazing.

The extra bonus about all of this is that my BGL (Blood Glucose Level) has been within the range it is meant to be. Between 3.9 mmol/l and 8.9 mmol/l. No big spikes!

Not being one to talk about my weight very often (it's really a sensitive subject) but since I was initially diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, in July 2011, I have now lost a total of 25 kg (55 lb). I managed to keep 21 of those kilos off for the entire time. I just wasn't motivated enough to do more until recently.

So right now I am feeling pretty good about what I have been doing lately. I am very happy that my boys have fitbits as well and that we encourage each other to walk more. Anything to become healthier is a good thing ☺

No comments: