Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thankful Thursday


Here's what I am thankful for this week:
  • cooler weather. It has been beautifully cool this week. Cool enough to bring some relief to the fire fighters who are still battling the blaze in the open cut coal mine in Hazelwood. The smoke from the fire has been horrid and the people of Morwell are suffering badly. I was saddened to hear that the fire was deliberately lit and that it is expected to continue to burn for a few more weeks yet before it can be extinguished. 
  • the CFA (Country Fire Authority) they work so hard and I am grateful that they are good at their job
  • rain 
  • that our home and electrical appliances are safe. We had a MASSIVE crack of thunder over our home on Tuesday afternoon. It was so loud I almost jumped our of my seat. It was almost like the thunder and lightning happened at exactly the same time. We did lose a couple of electrical items but the majority of our stuff was left untouched, thank goodness. 
  • my health, even though I have diabetes and other things.
What are you thankful for this week?

No comments: