Pages

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Stupid Carpal Tunnel

I just got back from seeing my GP a little while ago. Just a routine visit to organise blood tests etc to monitor my BGL and thyroid function. While I was there I did mention how my right arm, due to the carpal tunnel (which I have in both wrists) seems to ache more and more lately. I also mentioned how I need to wear a wrist brace more often these days to help with the ache and the pins and needles. BIG mistake! I now have a referral for a surgeon.

Last time I saw this particular surgeon (back in 2009) he said to try using a wrist brace and see if that helps because he didn't want to operate unless I was unable to do my usual day to day activities. The wrist braces have helped a lot (I have one for each wrist) however they seem to be losing their effectiveness. You know what that means don't you?? Surgery!! I probably wont be able to crochet or knit for a while after the op. NOT a good thing :'(  I don't know how I will cope without being able to crochet. It keeps me sane. I guess I need to make sure I do lots and lots of crocheting before surgery so I get my 'fix'

I phoned the surgeons office but they are closed for the day so I will need to phone them in the morning. I wonder how long it will take to get an appointment to see him? I also wonder how long I will be on the waiting list at the hospital before the surgery is actually done. I'm not sure that I want it done too quickly but then again maybe it's better to get it over and done with, right?

No comments: