Pages

Sunday, February 09, 2014

Another Hot Spell

I'm melting! We are in another hot spell at the moment. Thank goodness it isn't as hot as last weekend or the week or so before that. A dry cool change is expected later today. I will be so glad when it arrives but I am not looking forward to all the wind that will accompany it.

Photo of the fire at Hernes Oak taken by Bernie and shared on Facebook.
There are several fires around the state at the moment and these winds will cause nothing but problems for the CFA (Country Fire Authority). On particular fire I am concerned with is about 50 - 60 km away in Hernes Oak but it's where a few Church members live from our ward. Our Chapel is just the other side of the freeway in Moe/Newborough.


Our Firies do a wonderful job, especially during summer and even more so during heatwaves. I am crossing my fingers, toes and whatever else I can cross and I am praying that the fires around the state will be under control soon.

I heard on the news yesterday that our state is the driest it has been since the Black Saturday bushfires on Feb 7 2009. It's not surprising we have had no rain for weeks. We desperately need good soaking rains. Sadly it doesn't look like we are going to get any for a while.

No comments: