Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

What Do You Do With Yourself? And Summer Heat *yuck*


When we caught up with Mark's Dad and Step-mum last month I was asked what I did as far as work was concerned. I had just heard the SIL talk about her new job and I thought what do I do? I felt awkward to be honest. I didn't know what to say. What do I actually do other than be a Mum and a carer? So I mentioned how I knit and crochet for charity.

Since that day I have though about what I actually do. I am a financial advisor, banker, fibre artist (knitter/crocheter), designer, chef, laundress, seamstress, chauffeur, personal assistant, trade assistant, housekeeper, cleaner, teacher, reader, listener, pharmacist, wife, mother and student. There are probably some more things that I could list that I just cannot think of right now.

Next time I get asked what I do I wont feel so bad when I say I am a Mum and Carer.


I just had to share the picture above. It seems so appropriate for this past weeks weather. Today is the 5th day of heatwave. For the past three days we have had temperatures in the 40's (over 102F) and today is no different. We are expecting a top of 44F (111F). Thank goodness there is a cool change which is meant to come in tonight. I just hope that it isn't a late change. I think after all this heat it would be lovely if the change arrived in the afternoon but knowing my luck that wont happen.

I am also hoping that this cool change brings lots of rain with no thunderstorms or strong winds. There have been quite a few bushfires about the state this week. The closest one to us is around 40km away (just under 25 miles). There was a lot of smoke blown our way but that cleared up last night. Thankfully that one was downgraded last night but residents were still under a watch and act warning. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that everyone stays safe wherever the fires are.

No comments: