Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Is your Glass Half Full?

Are you an optimist or a pessimist? A Glass half full or a glass half empty person? I like to think of myself as an optimist although I am sure that I wear rose coloured glasses all too often. Last Sunday on our Ward newsletter there was a little article called Another way of seeing. I thought that it was great. A nice way of looking at things in a positive way. It ties in nicely with Thankful Thursday. Anyway, I brought the newsletter home so that I could copy and share it.


Another Way Of Seeing
I woke up early today excited over all I get to do before the clock strikes midnight. I have responsibilities to fulfill today. I am important. My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have.

Today I can complain because the weather is rainy or ... I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.
Today I can feel sad that I don't have more money or ... I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me from waste.
Today I can grumble about my health or ... I can rejoice that I am alive.
Today I can lament over all that my parents didn't give me when I was growing up or ... I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.
Today I can cry because roses have thorns or ... I can celebrate that thorns have roses.
Today I can mourn my lack of friends or ... I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.
Today I can whine because I have to go to work or ... I can shout for joy because I have a job to do.
Today I can complain because I have to go to school or ... eagerly open my mind and fill it with rich new tidbits of knowledge.
Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have housework to do or ... I can appreciate that I have a place to call home.

Today stretches ahead of me waiting to be shaped. And here I am the sculptor who gets to do the shaping. What today will be like is up to me. I get to choose what kind of day I will have. have a GREAT DAY ... unless you have other plans. Just remember, a 'Smile' will make the days go better.
                                                              by Don Lyon


No comments: