Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Thanks MasterChef

I tried a new recipe the other night and silly me I forgot to take photos of what the finished dish looks like. Although I did take a photo of Brodie eating it. So that must count for something, right?


I know it's not the most glamorous photo of Brodie. Yes that is a serving ladle he is eating from. He was finishing what was in the pot that I cooked our tea in. Brodie had seen one of the TV celebrities from Masterchef do it and he wanted to try it too. Silly kid! And YAY for the great role model on TV who did it in the first place *rolls eyes*

Anyway the recipe I cooked was called Pumpkin and pasta bake. It was really nice but I would tweak the recipe a little next time I make it. It said to use two cups of bread crumbs for the topping. I didn't use that much but I would use even less next time. I'd also add more liquid too because there was not enough sauce. I think the breadcrumbs absorbed all the liquid.

photo from taste.com.au
It couldn't have been that bad a meal though. Both boys went back for seconds. I'm just glad that I have found another way for them to eat pumpkin. All I need to do now is out a way for Angus to eat peas and corn ...

No comments: