Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Look What I Bought

I've been shopping on ebay again. This time I bought some colourful crochet hooks. 14 of them! How could I pass up a bargain like this? 14 hooks for $7.55 including postage (that's less than $8 US). It would certainly cost a lot more than that had I gone into a shop to buy them.



The sizes range from 2.5 mm to 10 mm. I like the idea of them being different colours.
Sorry the photo is a little out of focus but I think my camera did a pretty good job with the close up :)

if you click on the photo you will be able to see the conversion chart more clearly

Of course I had to give them a test drive last night. I started doing the Spotlight Block of the Week Throw
I thought it might look nice in the variegated yarn that I had in my stash.
 


If you're interested in joining the crochet-a-long you can download the patterns from Facebook. The pattern is in UK/International terminology and there are 5 squares available at the moment.

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Looks like a good buy!...but I don't like the hooks with too much 'crook' on the head. I like the ones with the slide head. Much easier for me to work with...And you may not believe this, but I haven't bought but one set of hooks my whole life! Others were given to me, but I've never had a hook wear out on me! And with the amount of crocheting I do, that's really saying something!! LOL

Jo-anne Blossy said...

You know Poetess I never did look at the crook part before. They are on the big side. I think most of my hooks are. I think I might go and check them.
I'm glad you've never had a hook wear out on you :) You really do a lot of crocheting.