Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

It's St.Patrick's Day!


Today is the day that everyone is Irish or at least claims to be! My boys definitely have Irish heritage, after all their father (Victor) was born in Northern Ireland. I have some Irish heritage too. One of my great-grandmothers was born in Ireland. Mark however has traced his family tree back to the Irish Kings. Who would have thought that I live with Irish royalty (~_o) well, okay many generations removed but still it's royalty and it sounds impressive.

In honour of this lovely day I am cooking corned beef and cabbage for tea in the slow cooker. I also told the boys that we would have green, white and orange vegetables! Poor Angus thinks I will make him eat peas (his least favourite food) but I wont. I may just dye some mashed potato green and orange.
I've even toyed with the idea of making soda bread. It's something the boys other Nanna used to make all the time. I remember that it tasted so good. I also remember she liked making potato bread too.


one of my favourite songs from The Corrs (a great Irish band)

Do you go anything special for St. Patrick's Day?

No comments: