Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Latest Project - A Kindle Cover

Did I mention that I got a Kindle the other day? I don't think I did. Lucky me huh. I love it. I've been reading a bit more than usual but that's a good thing right :) I was very happy to find out that there are eBooks available in knitting & crocheting. I may put them on my wish list. I also like the fact that I can read pdf files too. We have a lot of books (as pdf files) on our server that I haven't read yet.

Anyway, I wanted to keep my Kindle nice and clean and scratch free so I decided to make a cover for it. I looked up some patterns online but I didn't like the ones that I had found. I know I am picky but they just weren't what I was looking for so I made up my own pattern with the help of youtube! I wanted to do a shell pattern but I couldn't remember how to get it started. I ended up watching a video by Teresa from Art of Crochet. I have put the video at the end of this post so you don't have to hunt for it if you wish to check it out.


Of course I had to choose my favourite colour :D

Both the front & back are done :)

I think you can see the colour better in this shot

I even got my sewing machine out and made a lining for the cover.
Mark had to cheek to ask if I was running a fever because I had the sewing machine out :P

With the cover sewn in.

Don't look at the hand-sewing I did on the lining. I'm not the best at sewing.
Maybe I should have used blanket stitch it might have looked better.

What do you think? Not bad huh and all without (technically) following a pattern. I even surprised myself getting the measurements right for the lining (I wont tell you that I messed up the measurements on the navy blue material & cut one side too short). I guess doing that appliqué and quilting stuff a few years ago paid off :D


2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Look at you, Miss 'Make-Your-Own-Pattern'!!! :-] You really are becoming a crochet, crafty, professional!!...It's very cute too!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thank you Poetess :) that means a lot coming from you.