Pages

Friday, November 04, 2011

I'm A Sew & Sew

I finally managed to sew the buttons on that baby cardigan. I feels good to have it finished. Thank you Poetess for suggesting I add some colour to it. It's made a big difference.

Silly me - I had sewn a button on upside-down :-/ and had to redo it.

Is it just me or does everyone hate sewing up their creations? I know my sister Vicki used to knit every now & then but she would hand it over to our Mum or to me to complete the sewing & to add the finishing touches like the neck/collar.
I'm in a bit of a funk with sewing things I guess. Maybe I need to so some all in one projects :D

3 comments:

PoetessWug said...

How nice!!! Now, not only will baby be warm, but it's gonna get all kinds of smiles from everyone that looks at it! :-) And I'm with you on the sewing thing! As a matter of fact, because I can't stand sewing loose ends after I finish a project, I crochet my loose ends in while I'm working! I never have loose ends at the end of any project...except my finishing end. :-))

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Poetess, I never thought about the smiles bubz would receive because of the buttons but I am sure there would be lots of them too :)
I'm glad I am not the only one who crochets the ends in as you work. It saves so much time later on :) I wish I could work out a way to do the same thing while I knit.

PoetessWug said...

Ha! Ha! About the knitting.....That's why I don't do it that often!! LOL