Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

I Got To Sleep In Today


The boys didn't go to school or work placement today so I got to sleep in. A sleep in for me is any time I manage to sleep past 7 am because that's when the alarm usually goes off.

Brodie chose not to go to work today because his back was sore and he knew that he would be standing up all day. Not always the best thing to do when your back is sore. Brodz has bad posture at the best of times so that doesn't help him at all. He's taken himself off to bed right now for a mid-morning nap.

Angus's school had a special programme running today because tomorrow is Melbourne Cup day. The day that famous horse race is run. The one that is referred to as the race that stops a nation & it pretty much does for the most part. The school programme for today was optional so he didn't have to go. The main reason they have this special day is because a lot of families either go away for a long weekend or just keep their kids home. Personally I think its a bit disruptive to have a split school week although I do normally send Angus to school on these occasions but not this time. Angus is enjoying himself by staying up late and sleeping in. He's still asleep at the moment. I might go wake him up shortly or he may sleep the day away and not be able to sleep tonight.

I love days that start off nice and slow and lazy(ish). Don't you just love days that start this way? I know I do.

4 comments:

PoetessWug said...

I hope the rest of your day was as great as the start! :-)

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Poetess, it has been. Angus & I went into town and I bought some buttons for that baby cardigan :)

Unknown said...

I'm a slug in the morning, so sleeping in is wonderful. Then not having to do anything or be anywhere is pure luxury indeed.

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Beverly that certainly would be a luxury to stay at home all day but that doesn't happen very often does it :)