Pages

Friday, June 03, 2011

A New Finished Object

I bought a couple of crochet patterns a while ago from a website called Just Crochet, where a lady named Heather sells her lovely patterns either in pdf format or as a printed copy. She has created some very pretty baby outfits & accessories. Heather also provides her international customers with conversion charts for hook sizes, crochet stitches & yarns. Which I needed because I get confused easily with all the different terminology but I am slowly getting used to some of the differences.

I bought this pattern JC29NB and this one JC22A. The second pattern was the one that I used for the beanie pictured below.

I made this using 8ply (sport weight) which is very different to the baby yarn suggested for the pattern. Considering I still don't feel completely confident reading & following patterns yet I thought that I would have a go at the pattern anyway & see what happened. I adapted though. I didn't like how the beanie gathered at the top ( to be honest I thought I did something wrong) so I extended it and made some decreases here and there to make it look like the beanies I made before.

I do love how the beanie turned out but it's more of a toddler size than a baby size. Now that I know I can at least read the pattern for the hat I might have a go at making something else from the booklet. Of course if I do you can be sure that I will post more pictures :D

Heather also has a Facebook page if you want to check out some more photos.

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Very cute! Yeah, I know this site. I never got a pattern from there though...I don't think anyway. I think I wanted to, but I couldn't figure out all the download info. Anyway...the beanie is cute. And just a hint about the sizing thing, just work the gauge they give you in the patterns. Then you'll know whether what you're making will be the same size or not, and you can go up or down needle-wise or change yarns if you want to. I only have sizing problems with other people's patterns when there's no gauge chart.

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Poetess, she will post you a hard copy if you don't want to download. I didn't have a working printer when I bought my copies. They arrived about a week or so after I bought them. Not bad considering they had to travel half way around the world to get to my place.

Thank you for the tip about the sizing. I'm making a cute little cardigan/jacket from the same pattern using the size recommended. It looks perfect. Although I am afraid I am running out of yarn :( and may not get it finished. I looks like another trip to the shops is in order :D