Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Work In Progress - Bed Socks

Here's what I have been working on for the last few days with some pretty pink wool (well acrylic) that I won on ebay last week. I love the top part of them but I am not too sure about the bottom half. I looks out of proportion to me.

They knit up like a giant pair of baby bootees. I didn't make them for me or I would try them on to see if they look better when worn. They bottom is seamless. You kind of sew it up before you cast off. The pattern book called it .. Grafting ( A technique I had never heard of it before). You can check out a youtube video HERE or HERE if you want to learn how to do it. I find videos a great way to learn new techniques just because you can see instead of just reading about it (which can get confusing!)

I do love the lacy look though. I think its pretty.

4 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Very pretty Jo!!...And the tops always look smaller because they're designed to be a bit snugger so they won't keep falling down! :-)) The lacy part makes them not only functional, but pleasing to look at as well! :-)

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thank you Poetess, they are nice to look at. They are very pink though aren't they :) I have 5 more balls of the same yarn to use up

PoetessWug said...

*HeeHee*...Jo-anne, you're probably not going to believe me, but pink is the color of the tons of yarn and thread I have here and can't seem to get rid of!!! ^_^ I try to use a little alongside other colors, but somehow it's all I'm left with every time!! I need to know more pregnant women who are having little baby girls, I guess!! ^_^

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Golly Poetess, I hope that doesn't mean I will have all of my pink left over. Thankfully there is usually someone at Church who is having a baby. Perhaps I can use it up for them or for making toys perhaps.