Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mini Meltdowns

I am so tired of the meltdowns that Brodie makes us suffer through. The swearing. The threats of violence. The way he tried to intimidate us. It gets so old FAST!
I know he is my son and I am supposed to be there for him but I am getting so tired of it all. Its getting to the point where I will kick him out of home. I need to protect Angus. He's just as important.

We no longer have any respite offered from the Shire. They wont supply a carer for him unless it is a male and there isn't one available. We haven't had a weekly carer for him since September. Interchange doesn't operate over the school holidays so we have nothing organised with them until February (after school goes back). Lincoln St only offers us time when its a Youth weekend.
I am desperate for break from him. We all are. The only problem is it's NOT going to happen any time soon.

He wont even go to Church. At least at Church we have our own little groups to go to and we get a break that way. I can't go on my own and leave him here with Mark & Angus. I hate to say it but I don't always trust him to behave while I am gone. If I could just get him to go there at least once it would be a welcomed break but he wont leave that blasted Facebook for too long.

I am no longer scared of what Brodie will do to me. I feel awful for Angus because he is often the brunt of Brodies anger. I know Mark can take care of himself but I worry about what Brodie will do if he did get physical with him. Tonight he was threatening to put Mark into a wheelchair, permanently. Those were the words he used. More than once. I would have no other choice but to phone the police if Brodie did anything like that. There is no other choice. Is there?

I mean think about it. This is a form of domestic violence, right? The definition of Domestic Violence (DV), according to the Domestic Violence Crisis Service is as follows:
  • Domestic Violence occurs when a family member uses violent and/or abusive behaviour to control another family member or members.
That is certainly what happens here, sometimes on a daily basis, even though I don't always like to admit it. Does it count as DV even though Brodie has Aspergers?

I am just tired of the explosions. Tired of the threats, the swearing & the carry on that goes with it. Let's face it I'm just tired. If I feel this way I am sure that Mark & Angus feel the same way too. But what do we do about it? No one seems to be around to give us a hand any more. There is no one else who can help.

After tonight's meltdown things have calmed down a bit. Now we play the waiting game. We wait for the next explosion .. .. ..

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

WOW Jo-anne!! Sounds like things are pretty tough there. I didn't realize the episodes were so frequent. I'm sorry to hear that. I wish I could help. I may have an article or two on the subject. If I find them I'll let you know...Tough!!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thanks Poetess. I can put up with the meltdowns for the most part.
I just hope he behaves Christmas Eve when we have our guests here. Especially since he doesn't really like one of them *sigh* it makes things hard.