Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

School Interviews

We had parent/teacher/student interviews at Angus's school this morning. I saw all of his teachers. They all pretty much said the same thing: Angus is a great kid but he needs to focus more in class & listen to the teacher when they are talking.

I also learnt that Angus has been busted watching movies on his laptop or playing games during lesson time when he's meant to be working. I told he may have to leave his memory stick at home if this sort of thing continues .. either that or he be taken out of the laptop class altogether! I know he would hate that.

All in all though I think he was pleasantly surprised. The teachers spoke of many positives with only a few areas of concern. Angus is awfully unorganised but I think we can work on that for next term with colour coded folders for each subject with notebooks in each of them just in case he needs something to write on other than his laptop. Hopefully this will help.

Right now all he wants to do is veg out a bit & play games. His school holidays have just started. Two weeks off or so he thinks - I KNOW he has work to do over the holidays that needs completing! I'll at least give him the weekend off before he needs to start 'catching' up or trying to get ahead.

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Sounds like a pretty good report!! If they didn't have SOMETHING for him to work on, then you'd have to worry what kind of school this is!! Homework for him...and for you too unfortunately, and things will be just fine, I'm sure. :-)

Jo-anne Blossy said...

You are so right about the homework Poetess. I think I will have to be the one who makes sure he gets it done.
Same with his brother too. I got an email from Brodie's English teacher today with a list of stuff for him to complete over the holidays.