Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 4 - 30 Day Meme

Day 4 – Your favourite photograph of your best friend.

I don't have a current picture of my best friend. We've been friends since Grade 3. This is the only picture that I had available on the computer that I didn't have to scan. My scanner isn't being detected for some reason :(

My best friend is Michelle but I never call her that. I call her Mish. She thinks she's getting into trouble if I use her name. Mish is in the back row & is the third person on the left. Oh and I am in the picture too - Front row, fourth from the left

Mish & I have been together for what seems like forEVER! She came to my primary school when I was 7 and she was 9. I don't recall what we said when we first met but I know Mish does. She told me once but I have such a horrid memory at times that I have forgotten again.
We went to High School together & eventually Mish ended up at the same College (its called Uni now) as me. She is a super genius! Always studying! She amazes me with her dedication to learning.

I remember when we were still in primary school Mish & I found out that we were cousins. Very, very distant cousins through marriage. My Mum's Mums sisters husbands brother was Keith Seaman the Governor of South Australia (its the way I remember it & how my Mum told me - she could've just said it was her Mums brother in laws brother! yeah I know I was name dropping) Not that it mattered how we were related but I'm sure it made us feel even more special, closer even! I know it did for me.

We don't see each other very often, Mish still lives in South Australia, but we've always kept in contact. Via snail mail to begin with and now via emails & facebook.

Mish truly is my BFF!! Love you heaps!!


10 comments:

junglemama said...

Neat story! I love this idea for a post!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thank you Christine :)

PoetessWug said...

Jo-anne, I love Mish already! :-) How great that you and her have remained friends all these years. That's what real friends do though, right?! No matter how much time, or how much distance, or how many other friends you acquire, true friends are always there! And with me and my friends it could be 5 years that we haven't seen each other and we talk and BOOM! It's as if we were laughing and giggling yesterday!! :-) I love my friends. And your "Best friends..." photo with the saying on it about friends being siblings made me cry...really! I'm crying now...and smiling.

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thank you Poetess I actually made that tag about the friends. Feel free to snag it :)
And I totally agree with you about the time apart. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you have seen each other, everything just clicks back into place!

PoetessWug said...

Jo-anne, Thanks so much for letting me snag your tag. In fact, It got me to thinking and I'd like to use it for a blog post that I'd like to do. I'd also like to link back to the story about you and your friend. I just need to know if this is okay with you....It's a great story of good friends. :-)

madtrekkie said...

I remember EXACTLY how we became friends, we sat at the back of the classroom and I couldn't see the board and i had asked if i could copy what was on your page, and you let me!!

Hahaha yeah i always do think i'm in trouble if someone who i love family and friends call me Michelle...its always Mish lol

You are such a sweetie Jo-anne and love you heaps. You are more than my friend, you are my sis xooxoxxo

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Sure thing Poetess use it in whichever way you wish.

Mish I knew you would remember how we met. I'm such a dill for forgetting! mwahhhHH xoxo

PoetessWug said...

Thanks! I'll let you know when. :-)

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

what a great photo...

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thank you Carrie :)