Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blood Tests

Both boys have had blood tests this past week.
Brodie had one done on Monday checking his tegretol levels. Last time they were within the normal therapeutic levels but he as still getting those horrible facial spasms.

Angus had his done on Friday to check for various levels of things like glucose, iron, cholesterol and liver function. Angus's blood pressure was up the other week when I took him to see the doctor for his sore throat. I thought it might have been because he was in pain but Dr. F wanted me to bring him back to see how his BP was. Thankfully it was good this time.

High BP is one thing that runs in the family. Sadly we have three generations our my immediate family that have it. My Dad, me, Brodie and even one of my nieces. Mark does too. So its something that we have checked regularly. When Angus's reading was much higher than expected I wasn't terribly concerned but as it runs in the family its not something we can ignore.

I forgot to get the results for Brodie's test during the week. I feel awful that I forgot but if there was something not quite right I would get a phone call or a letter from the clinic. Angus's results should be in either on Tuesday or Wednesday. I just hope that I don't forget to phone for the results. I am sure if there's anything wrong the clinic will let me know about it. LIke they did when my glucose levels were a bit high. I'm crossing my fingers that there is nothing to worry about.

7 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Good for you, getting the tests done as a precautionary thing. I have high blood pressure too since I went to the Hospital last September. I had a REALLY bad reaction to a medication that was given me in the emergency room, and every since then I've been taking pills. A bit annoying, but WHATEVER! We do what we have to do...all of us do, don't we?!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

You're right poetess we all do what we have to. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad reaction with some meds. I hope that its all sorted out now.

Marita said...

Ahhh kids and blood tests. My girls both had to have blood tests last week. Poor Annie got 11 vials of blood taken :(

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Golly Marita poor Annie! Angus had 5 vials taken & the poor kid hated every second of it too.

Aussie Maria said...

I hate having blood taken - my veins disappear - literally ☺
I'd go with the no news is good news, except it would still play on my mind till I hear them say that, worrier that I am

Jo-anne Blossy said...

I know what you mean Maria. I'm a firm believer in no news is good news :)

PoetessWug said...

Joanne, Yes, I'm on a regular timer now. *Beep, beep, beep!* "It's 8:00! Take your pill!!"......*Beep, beep, beep!* "It's 10:00! Take your other pill!!" UGH!!...ALL SORTED OUT!!! LOL