Pages

Friday, November 16, 2007

Oh Well ...

So much for me trying to do this daily. At least I made a good start but I know I should try harder. Okay let's talk about what happened since I last posted.

It seems our boy Brodie cannot manage to do the right thing at school very often. He got into trouble for pushing someone on Wednesday and for swearing too. Great huh! Just what I needed to hear. I was told all about this when they middle years coordinator phoned me up at lunchtime on Wednesday. He did however choose to talk calmly and maturely with her about the incident and also about what 'electives' he would like to do next year. So because he calmed down and was able to behave he was only given a one day suspension. Brodie spent the day home yesterday not doing a thing for school like he was meant to. I have it in my mind to phone them up and get them to make up for his slacking off at home!! I don't know what to do with that boy!!

These electives that he has been asked to choose from are interesting to say the least. I really need to make an appointment to go up there and talk with someone about it all. My goodness when I read what the costs were for each unit I could've died! The units range from $100 to $150 each. And he must do two of them. Now the units he has selected (which I must sign and agree too) are ones that I do not truly wish for him to do. I mean its a lot of money to pay and the fact that he is hardly ever at school I don't see why I need to pay so much money for them. Like I said I need to talk with someone at the High School before I agree to any of the choices Brodie wishes to make.

I had my Visiting Teachers come and visit today. I showed off my applique and the new quilt cover I have been making for Angus. I picked up the rest of his material the other day and I finally got around to washing it. I'll be able to sew it all together soon. I don't feel up to doing it just yet. At least not today as I know as soon as I get stuck into doing it I'll need to pack up ready to go to the Primary School to do the newsletter.

We've got the Federal Election coming up next weekend. I telly you what I am getting fed up with all the advertising and the junk mail from the prospective candidates. I'll be glad when it is all over and things get back to normal. It was funny as the boys want to know who I vote for and Mark asked too, which I didn't think he would. All I can say is I don't particularly like little Johnny Howard and I honestly don't want him back in the saddle again. He's done so many things that I disagree with. But sometimes its better the devil you know .. right?? I'll probably vote for who I always vote for so it really wont matter then will it.

No comments: