Pages

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

A Quick Update

We're finally home! We got in about an hour ago. Mark is in bed resting. It turns out that it was not a heart attack, thank goodness. The enzyme that they look for that indicates heart attack was not present in the blood.

The doctor there seemed to think that it could be a bad reaction from nicotine withdrawal. Mark has cut his smoking back dramatically & the doctor said some people sometimes get really bad chest pains when trying to quit. In fact sometimes they feel really bad for quite some time. It explains a bit. I'm not entirely sure with his diagnosis but it is very plausible.

I just hope that Mark doesn't feel as bad as he did this afternoon. It was a bit scary for a while there.

I'm off to get some sleep. Even though I haven't really done anything today I'm feeling really tired. So off to bed I go. *yawn*

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank goodness! Hope both of you were able to get some much needed rest. Take care!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Beverly, would you believe that last night I had the best nights sleep in a long time. Mark is still asleep but its still only early (7:30am) so I am going to let him sleep for as long as he needs it.

PoetessWug said...

WOW! The body is amazing, isn't it?!! I always say...if you don't listen to it when it whispers at you (Psst! I don't like you smoking.), it'll slug you in the head the next time! LOL Or...in the chest! But hurray for Mark trying to quit smoking! I have a magazine here with tips for quitting in it. That's not an easy task...especially when your body has gotten used to it!!...Let's hope that's all it is, and that he won't ever have to go to hospital again!!!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Poetess, the body certainly is an amazing thing. I'm really hoping that this is what is causing the chest pains. I would still like Mark to go see his GP and at least have a medication review. Mark isn't too happy about his GP and his lack of support. Thankfully we have a few doctors in our clinic that he can see. I just need to convince him to go.