Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Buttons

I went Op Shopping the other day. I wasn't looking for anything in particular but I though I would check out what sorts of crafty things they might have. I managed to find a couple of crochet hooks for 50 cents each. I think I had those sizes but at 50c a piece I had to get them, after all who really passes up a bargain? Hooks are around $3 or more brand new. Plus Angus could add them to his collection if he didn't already have those sizes (not that he is making anything these days but he does know how to make granny squares and beanies).


I also found these buttons. I have no idea what to use them for but they look nice. I would love to know what the coats of arms mean. Do you ever find something that looks interesting and wonder about its history? Some things just make you curious don't they.

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Good deal on the hooks!!...I have a bunch of buttons with crests on them. This is one that's in my shop --> http://www.etsy.com/listing/27058712/boutonniere-for-men-crocheted-black-and I decided to use them on more manly things. I don't know what else to do with them either! :-))

Jo-anne Blossy said...

What a great idea Poetess. I would never have thought of that. They would look great inside poppies or something similar.