Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

What a busy couple of days I've had. It seems like I am so far behind with EVERY thing. My Google Reader is overloaded with posts to read. I'm slowly catching up with my housework. I feel like I am playing nothing but catch up at the moment.

On Thursday Mark & I went out to lunch with his Dad, Step-Mum, Mark's twin brother & his girlfriend. We went to one of the local Chinese restaurants, Hong Kong Inn. We normally order a few dishes & just share them. I actually tried duck (the dish was lemon duck) for the first time ever! OMGosh it was delicious! I'm thinking it had an awful lot to do with how it was cooked but I really enjoyed it. I'm going to have to try duck again. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Yum!

It was really great catching up with the in-laws. They've been in Perth for the past 3 years & we don't always get the chance to catch up with them when they fly in for a visit. They were checking out the damage done to their house in Emerald (one of the reasons for their visit this time round). It got damaged during the floods last month.
They will be moving back next year in April. They've missed living in Victoria. It'll be good to be able to see them more often.

Yesterday I was on Facebook checking out some photos I had been tagged in. They were school photos. A couple of people asked me if Julie & Vicki were my sisters. To which I said yes. I sent text messages to my sisters about whom I had spoken with which led to us making phone calls to one another & talking about their school friends.
It was nice catching up with Vicki & Julie. I don't know why we don't phone each other more often. I guess we just get too busy doing our own thing & forget.

Gosh I need to get off this thing. I have more housework to do & the kids aren't here to help me. More about that on another post I suppose.

4 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Sounds like busy is good for you!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

This was one time that I didn't mind being busy :) I felt like I have actually accomplished something over the past few days.

Anonymous said...

I'd wait till the kids get back before starting the house work!! Nice catching up with family isn't it. I love it when my mum comes to stay; we talk on the phone often but she always has something interesting to tell me when she's here, that she forgot to tell me in a phone call.

CJ xx

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Hi Crystal Jigsaw, I totally agree, it is great to catch up with family.
The housework wasn't so bad. It was just some laundry & the dishes. We had a big tidy up before the in-laws came.