Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

30 Day Meme - Your Dream House

Artwork by Edward Farber

I used to romanticise about the old style mansions from the 1800's. They just looked so elegant and beautiful with the tree lined avenue leading from the gate right up to the house. I would love to stay in a place like that, perhaps not to live in it but to at least holiday in one.
I would also hate to think how long it would take to clean up the place. I HATE housework! And to clean a home that big would be a nightmare!!

What is your dream home like?

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

My dream home would be a medium sized Ranch house with the ocean and it's crashing waves on the rock face about 100 feet from my front door, and a sprawling green lawn the size of the state of Texas (in the U.S.) as my backyard...with horses and lots of children playing there...I'd love to have a big bay window to sit in with a good book while I'm watching the water out of the corner of my eye too! :-) {You can see I've given this some thought before! ^_^}

Jo-anne Blossy said...

I like the sound of your dream home Poetess. I do love bay windows. I think they look great especially if they have a window seat. I could imagine sitting there in the morning sun either knitting or crocheting or like you reading a book!
Gosh I had forgotten what it was like to have a big backyard. I definitely like your dream home :)