Pages

Saturday, October 02, 2010

Our Day Out

We went for a drive to Cowes on Phillip Island today. It's about 93 km (about 58 miles) from home which is about an hour and a half drive. We chose the best day to go. The weather was perfect with the temperature was around 20C [68F] and the breeze was lovely. The perfect Spring day to go out and about.

While we were there Mark wanted to check out this motorbike shop where he bought his boots from the other week. Not that I am interested in motorbikes but hey we were there. All three males enjoyed being in the store. Brodie wanted to buy some sunglasses from there so he had to consult his finance manager (that would be ME ~ I look after his money because he's under 18 and so NOT ready to look after his money) He got & I bought a pair for Angus but he has to wait for his birthday. I know I'm mean for making him wait but he got his Star Wars computer game 2 months early he wasn't getting the sunnies too.

We went to one of the bakeries in the main street & bought lunch. Then we walked down to the beach and sat on the grass to eat. I enjoyed getting a bit of sun on my skin. Now before you say what about skin cancer you live in Australia & they have the most skin cancer cases in the world! My GP said that I am vitamin D deficient & my dermatologist said that sunlight is good for my psoriasis. So a little bit of sun would do me good.

This was part of the view we had while we ate lunch. The land that you can see is the mainland looking back towards Melbourne.

A lunchtime guest .. well one of many but he was the closest to us.

This is the view from the bridge as we left Newhaven and headed back to the mainland.

2 comments:

Jo-anne Blossy said...

I am so sorry Poetess. I accidentally deleted your comment! I need my butt kicked :( I thought I clicked on publish

They boys slept in the car on the way there & Brodie has gone to bed early tonight (around 8:30pm)

PoetessWug said...

I knew early sleep was in somebody's future!! ^_^