Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

30 Day Meme - A Photo That Makes You Angry/Sad

I took this photo a few days after the Black Saturday bushfire last year. Behind me is the boys Primary School, just a few metres down the road. Thankfully the school was saved. Elvis (fire-fighting helicopter) dumped a whole heap of water on it.
Yep, this photo definitely makes me feel sad. Especially when I think about the fact that the fire was deliberately lit.

I often get to drive through the areas around our town there were burnt and think how lucky we were that day. You can still see where the fire had been. Some of the trees still look black but the majority of them have lots of new growth. Come to think of it even some of the ones with the new growth still have black trunks. It will be a very long time before I can forget about that day.

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

WOW!!!! Living here in Massachusetts, and having just gotten a computer 2 months before this happened and not even being hooked up to the internet then, I was not even aware of this incident!!! I just went to your link and read about it though and I can see why it makes you sad. So much injury, destruction, and loss of life! But while the people who deliberately set these fires showed how horrible the very worst of people can be, I also know from experience the very best of how people can be! The love and care of the best of us far outweigh the very worst of us...Still!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

You're right Poetess, the love that people showed one another afterwards certainly let you know that we really do help one another after a tragedy.
The donations of time, money & gifts made a huge difference to those that were directly affected by the fire and to those indirectly affected.
It restores your faith in humanity.