Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Latest Teddy

Here's a couple of photos of my latest Teddy. I think I'll just put it aside in my stash of finished projects for the Knit4Charities group. Sooner or later there will be a need for toys somewhere.

I've been meaning to make the Father Christmas toy up from the Jean Greenhowe book I bought but I just haven't gotten around to it. To be honest I would rather crochet at the moment then knit but since I can't follow crochet patterns too well at the moment I haven't really made a start on anything. Which in itself is unusual for me as I am usually making something.

Maybe I'll be inspired to begin a new project soon. I just don't like sitting about not doing something with my hands.

Speaking of the Jean Greenhowe book. Angus & I went shopping yesterday. We went to Spotlight, they had a half price sale on yarn. I snagged a few bargains & of course we had to do the cheek test to see how soft the yarn felt. While we were there I saw a whole series of Jeans books. I had to compare the price they were selling them for with what I paid on ebay. Considering I bought my book from England and I waited a week for it to arrive it was still so much cheaper than what Spotlight was selling it for. Maybe I need to wait for Spotlight another 20% off sale and buy them then. Something to think about at least.

No comments: