Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Poem - A Good Read

Another poem from Lisa via email through the Knit4Charities group. Thanks again Lisa. I think this one really sums me up quite well.

A Good Read.
It started out so innocently,
My small pattern collection.
How it ended up so large,
I have no recollection.

First I needed some for babes,
Then toddlers and their toys
Then I needed some for men,
As well as girls and boys.

Then there were the doilies,
Tea cosies, socks and mittens.
Then there were the New Age books
With these patterns I was smitten.

All these patterns were such fun.
Then I thought, just one for me,
Then my conscience grew a bit
So I collected for charity.

I have so many pattern books
They really are my obsession.
So when I'm gone- don't get a shock,
You've heard my true confession.

You're welcome to come and have a browse.
I could stand as Auxiliary
To the only place you'd find more booksAnd that's The State Library.

No comments: