Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

SSS (Single Sock Syndrome)

This is a poem I received today in an email from the Knit4Charities group I belong to. Just had to share. Thanks Lisa for sharing it.

SSS
There's a disease out there
That I'd really hate to catch
The worst in knitting history
It has never had a match.

It fills your drawers with one sock,
Never to be worn.
Leaving you with feelings of..
Your sock and you – forlorn!

With fear of many socks,
Not a matching pair in sight.
One of this and one of that,
I tell you, it's just not right!

So here I am with many needles
clicking away in fear
of ending up with just one sock
They breed you know, my dear.

Now I always knit 2 socks at once
I'm sure you've realised,
For the dreaded Single Sock Syndrome
Has got me paralysed.

I hope that you will heed my words
and do just as I do,
And always knit 2 socks at once
So SSS does not get you!!!

No comments: