Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

I Give Up

I don't know what to do any more and I feel like giving up. I do my best to help Angus with his school work and check his work online like the school wants. I check when his assignments are due and let him know. I encourage him to complete his work. I check his grades to see how he is going but nothing seems to be getting through to him. I even let him use my computer to do some of the assignments.

When I was checking his English grades tonight I noticed that his teacher had written in capital letters no less!! that he had to submit his work as a word document. He did last weekends homework assignment on my computer and I do NOT have word installed. I use Open Office. So of course she never graded his work. I am not impressed with her right now. Shouting at Angus (even if it is in upper case letters) is just not on in my book!
I re-saved his work as a word document thankfully Open Office has that option and I sent it to her in an email stating that there was no place for him to resubmit his work online.

I am so upset about how slack Angus is with his school work. I don't even understand the grade system they use. What in the world is an E anyway? Is that a fail? I no longer know what to do to help Angus pass. As far as I can see he is failing most of his work & I am truly at a loss as to what to do.

No comments: