Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

The Stress of Miss Piggy Flu

With all the stuff on the news about the swine flu Brodie is becoming more and more upset about the possibility of getting sick. How do I help ease his stress? I know that our psychologist said let Brodie get stressed its better than me getting hurt but it makes me upset that he is becoming so distressed. Oh I know I can't wrap him in cotton wool but still there has to be something I can do.

To be honest I thought that Brodie would freak a bit more this week because Angus hasn't been feeling 100%. I even kept Angus home from soccer practise and also from school today.

Honestly how do you put a kids mind at ease when you see all the hype on tv about this piggy flu? I had to remind Brodie of when Mark had the flu last year. Mark was awfully sick and bedridden for days. He had no energy to do anything. Even eating a little was an effort. Once I explained this to Brodie he understood a little better (I hope). It's so hard to know what he is thinking.

Brodie is such a sensitive kid. I would hate to see his reaction if the flu came a little closer to home. Let's hope that we don't have to worry about that ..

No comments: